big fish on dropshot

moby28

One of two cob in short succession on dropshot, trick is to get it to the bottom. Cost me 4 jigheads.

Attachments

• Photo0154.jpg
    Photo0154.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 933

fishnut8

i have not caught bog stuff YET on dropshot but my son did when he was 7 - see photo.
5kg queenfish on a small bassrod, 10 pound line, 3" Manns hardnose minnow - all 20 metres from the beach!!

Attachments

• matthew queenfish.jpg
    matthew queenfish.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 709

fishnut8

Zink Mullet
The fish was caught in Qatar in Khor Al Udeid - the Inland sea between Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Awesome fishing spot

pr0t0c0l

Hey guys. When there are toothy species around like couta and barracuda, do you drop shot with steel/bite trace?

Going to Milibangalala soon and not sure if I should fish steel with all my outfits or only certain ones.

roryf

pr0t0c0l wrote:
Hey guys. When there are toothy species around like couta and barracuda, do you drop shot with steel/bite trace?

Going to Milibangalala soon and not sure if I should fish steel with all my outfits or only certain ones.
Protocol,depends where you fish at Milli.There are couta and barry's around but on some of the pinnacles there are serious amounts of Bludger and Fulvies and don't forget about all those lovely Kaakap.

Good luck getting them out in between the sharks and Potato Bass....

pr0t0c0l

roryf wrote:
pr0t0c0l wrote:

Protocol,depends where you fish at Milli.There are couta and barry's around but on some of the pinnacles there are serious amounts of Bludger and Fulvies and don't forget about all those lovely Kaakap.

Good luck getting them out in between the sharks and Potato Bass....

Thanks Rory. Mainly going to be fishing the point from the beach, as well as on nearby reefs off a kayak (no more than 1km out).

roryf

Pity,the amount of reef and fish out deep are amazing.I will probably go again this November again.So worth towing a boat up.