big fish on dropshot

sushi

Thats exactly what i thought--so what exactly is the point of dropshot fishing. You spend a fortune on expensive gear to catch tiny fish that are no challenge and even too small to eat.
 I think this whole dropshot thing is a money making gimmick....

Raymond

some of us catch big fish on drop shot ha ha ha ha, but i must agree, i have given up on land based drop shot as its a hell of allot of work for little ( small....haha) reward.
i still enjoy dropshot from the boat but saying that small spoons and jigs can also provide loads of fun at a fraction of the cost.
drop shot works so its no gimmick but by experimenting and playing with other baits could give equal results

Oosie

Buy yourself the Alcocks DVD Fish Africa and then you answer your question again. Yes it works!

nicos

sushi wrote:
Thats exactly what i thought--so what exactly is the point of dropshot fishing. You spend a fortune on expensive gear to catch tiny fish that are no challenge and even too small to eat.

Little fish like this?

Attachments

• andre.jpg
    andre.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 5,422

aquadementia

Sealiner
Off the boat definitely not a waste of time!!
If you know what you are doing and have the patience you will get results

http://www.mcarthybaits.co.za/gallery.html

sven

sushi wrote:

I have seen Weasley catch a 30-40kg Kingie on 7" minnow from the shore in Kosi Bay area. So put in the time and the possibility of catching the big one is very real.

No gimmick

tauruck

Sealiner
sushi wrote:
What big fish have you caught on other lures/bait?.

Cpt. Hook

Sealiner
couta-koppie wrote:
hey great and you? when are you fishing our waters again. The coutas is full-up. snoek starting.

Have not been there in while, just bought a new boat (Z Craft F200) which I should have on the water next month some time.

I must come there agin and reduce your fish stocks.......:):):)