Laatjie

Land Locked

Wayne,

You are correct, my bad for not including it on the last post. Laatjie in current afrikaans pronounced laaikie is a drawer.

LL

Djy sien mey broe

daaaisie menier wat onse mense hie aani kaap in prat en djulle sallie weeti vanni spelieng nie, my broe, hieso spel onssit soe, "Laaitie", ma djulle is welkom omit te spel soes djulle wil...

LGF

MJ

I saw that "CONTRABAND"..........hhmmmmmmmm?

What kind, is it the kind that gets dem fishies onto the hook or the kind that gets you on the hook if they don't want to?

heheheheh:woohoo

LGF

Silent Bob

a laaitie is a small child or big child or grown up acting like a child. in a sentence:

laaitie come here!-small child
stop acting like a laaitie!-big child or grown up acting like a child

a laat lammetjie is when an old married couple have kid and he would be the laat lammetjie. all the other kids are already married and have thier own kids.

JJ Pienaar

Sealiner
Any one who is under the age of 20 or is 20 is a laaitjie "lighty"  nothing  to do    with "Inexperienced "its just a slang word for a youngster... like we "lightys" call the older guys ballie,Oom, old man, geezer, uncle ect...

just like:

ballie. Used mainly by white (young) South Africans to refer to their male parents or anybody older than themselves.

Laatjie. Used mainly by white (elderz) South Africans to refer to males who are younger than themselves.

Simen

Sealiner
Laatjie--slang for person of younger generation.

eg." That is Reefmans laatjie"--meaning "That is Reefmans son."

mudcrab

laaitje is a small boy,a young boy,an inexperienced youth or someone who lacks experience in a particular discipline.

martinb77

I think meant is a storage space where your fish is to go into, mainly
on commercial boats, you also have a voet laatjie where you put your feet in with your line from the handlines, when you retrieve it from below.

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
martinb77 wrote:
I think meant is a storage space where your fish is to go into, mainly
on commercial boats, you also have a voet laatjie where you put your feet in with your line from the handlines, when you retrieve it from below.
This one is correct when you talk  fishing. On a snoek boat your space is a laaitjie. That's the space that you put your snoek into and in the other you stand.

A commercial snoek boat has the layout of a tackle box on the deck. These square  blocks with dividers usually made of wood . you normally have one to stand in and another for your fish, but on some of the bigger boats you might have 2 for your fish and one to stand in.

Check the video miles made on a snoek boat and you will see the laaitjies.

Laaitie - a child .. Bulky's laaitie is running out side. Bulky fishes like a laaitie because he never catches anything.

Laaitjie - an area of storage on a boat. Jou laaitjie is heel voor. ie. you will fish in the stern of the boat

Maar as jy visvang soos a laaitie, is jou laaitjie leeg.

Cant believe this thread is on page 2 going onto page 3

BulkCarrier

Sealiner
You are lekka deur the stern today.

Guys you see this is what one night of fun gives you. A baby and no fishing and no sleeping