Stealth or vortex

LDAFLY

Good day all.. im in the market and looking to upgrade..still keeping one of my pinnies though. So my question is.......stealth or vortex560?.speed would be great but so would stability. Im 1.86 tall and under 100kg.
Kind regards.

Malboer

The stealth is a proven fishing machine. So you cant go wrong. With good after sales service.

Yet i have heard good things about the vorex from a guy that fish allot. Sending you his take on it.

Regards
Malboer

Malgas

Cant comment on the Vortex but if you are going to go the Stealth route the Fisha 500 (ex Evo 495- with a surf ski rudder) would fit the bill for being reasonably fast and stable- and lots of SPACE! Which I miss with the quicker and less stable Profisha 525.

Having said that, speed and stability depend on a number of factors. Speed, your paddling technique, efficiency, fitness and stability -I find you get used to any of the skis currently in use- most are pretty stable - especially for an experienced paddler -as I am sure you are- and in any conditions.

LDAFLY

Thanx malboer and malgas. im still saving up for the upgrade. im not as experienced as i would like to be but im getting there. maybe i should just spend a couple of rands and re do the pinnacles, complete refurbish,....i dont know....lol. confusing times ahead...o i paddled the legend trident over the weekend. maybe another option one glass one plastic???

LDAFLY

Hi Pylstert. they do have some years on them, but no serious damages. i think its more about the looks. but i think i made up my mind and will be selling both and save up to get something new.

Pylstert

Sealiner
That will make more sense. You must decide on the fishing you will do if you troll lures get a fast long kayak and I agree with Malgas stability is good on most fishing kayaks. Look at the surf skiers they go on seriously narrow long boats and do fine.

Moztoppie

LDAFLY

I am sitting on the sideline (Not for long) and my 2 c worth:

You are so ready for the next generation...Pro fisha 525 or 575.. I have seen your pedal ability and know you will enjoy it as much as I do...

Yes, sell both Pinnies and move on...We did, and although there is a little bit of sentiment attached I am not looking back..I love my PF 475

The pro Fisha Range is truly in my opinion the Rolls Royce's of the fishing Kayaks

The Fisha 555 tested very well and got very nice reviews but the PF 525 is just as stabile and not a lot of 555's available at a" good" affordable price at this stage...

We need to do a Mili before camp closes....(April 2019)

Bijen

Both skis are good.

You mention that you are after stability. In the stealth range the Fisha 500 would be a good option but in my opinion it will be the same as the pinnacle. Only difference is that you will have the benefit of having a lighter ski, compared to the Pinnacle. I've recently changed from a pinni to a stealth profisha 525. It is a pretty stable ski once you paddle it a few times and you have the added benefit of speed, which trust me, you will appreciate after paddling a pini. Stealth have launched the 555 which I've only heard good things about. From what I've observed, guys that have owned the Fisha 500 have upgraded to the 555 for it's stability. It's still slower then the 525, even though it's longer.

On the Vortex, these are lovely boats. They launched about a year ago and have made a couple of refinements since then. When I lived in Durban, a few guys switched from their stealth 575 to the vortex. After a while, some switched back to the 575. I guess it depends on what you preference is and what you are used to. Stability and speed were the two words that always came up when talking about the vortex. It also has a pretty large hatch space from what I've seen, which is one up on the stealth.

The deciding factor for me (I was considering a Vortex at one point) would be the after sales support and spares between the two company. Vortex are still new to the market and I reckon that they need another year or two to firmly establish themselves in the market. They are doing a really good job so far.

Price wise, they are about the same but I reckon that the stealth will hold more value if you decide to upgrade at a later point. You can get a few good second hand ones for a good price. I think Vortex has a couple of demos still for sale but from what I've heard, these are slightly heavier then the more newer version (due to all the refinements).

See if you can arrange to paddle all the skis before making a decision.

Good luck.

LDAFLY

Thnx toppi and bejin.
toppi we must deff do that. im trying to get a couple of boys to join in end feb. i have been looking at the 555 or the 575. have also contacted stealth and there is deff some good options avail. its all just for selling the pinnies and savinf some more for the new ski.

Bejin thnx. agree 100%. im leaning towards stealth for exactly that reason(i might still take the vortex for a paddle when i visit kzn.

Thnx gents.

GT Fisher

Hi Eric

If you guys are going in end of Feb, please remember to invite me as well, as I will most definitely join.

Br
GT