Penn 49 or 49A parts

ACE3

Hi All I'm looking for some older Penn 49 or 49A reel parts or complete reels. Busy with some project reels and would like to purchase Catalin handles and coin edged eccentric levers. Some pictures are attached.
Regards
Alan
Cape Town
zero 8 one 35401 seven 1

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 127

ACE3

Do none of you guys and girls have any of Grandpa's OLD Penn 49 or 49A reels ??;);)

Let me know please
Alan 0813540171

ACE3

Do none of you guys and girls have any of Grandpa's OLD Penn 49 or 49A reels ??;);)

Let me know please
Alan 0813540171

Cuttyhunker

Try the AlanTani site, lots of old Penn guys there, also Old Reel Collector "ORCA" site. Both are free and my go to's for the old stuff. Good Luck. I still fish some 49's, but tie off the drag lever to the cross post so my guests don't put them in "knuckle buster" mode.

potevan

Just some anecdotes...

My father purchased a Penn 49 about 45 years ago, which eventually made it to my fishing bag. I still use it today and it is in immaculate condition. Had to replace a few missing screws last year...fater every outing I wash down with fresh water, and then liberally spray WD40 all over it. The 50lb mono on it was put on in 2011 just before I moved to Colombia...still perfect.

In Nov 2019 I purchased another Penn 49 which I found in a pawn shop in Dana Bay. This reel also in perfect condition. I paid R400 for it...

I use my Penn 49's for offshore fishing, never needed anything more...

Biggest fish so far is a Sailfish of about 200cm (30kg)...

Cheers.

Attachments

• sail.PNG
    sail.PNG
    76.2 KB · Views: 29